As the baby’s digestive system develops and improves, the composition of breast milk also changes. Therefore, the first thing to look for when choosing the best infant formula is whether it is age-appropriate. The formula for each age is different:
- “0” or “Pre” means that the formula is adapted for babies who are born prematurely or with insufficient weight
- “1” intended for babies from 0 to 6 months
- “2” is suitable for babies up to 1 year old
- “3” or “4” is designed for children over 1 year old
The main difference between the content of the formula is the amount of useful nutrients. On Organic’s Best you’ll find the feeding for babies from birth to 3 years old.
What is the difference between 1, 2 and 3 stages?
The main difference is in the protein composition. The protein content of the 1 stage formula is in the ratio 60:40. The total amount of protein per 100 ml of the product is reduced in order not to overload the gastrointestinal tract. Fat percentage is slightly higher than in the subsequent formulas and the carbohydrate content, including milk sugar (lactose) also significantly varies.
The 2 stage formula is intended for 6 months. Depending on the needs of a child, it has a different ratio of protein, the number of fats and carbohydrates, and the dosage of the vitamin and mineral complex. The ratio of whey protein to casein is 50:50 so that a baby gradually gets used to the usual protein composition of dairy products.
The protein composition in the 3 stage formula is already minimally adapted and is practically the same as in animal milk and its proportion is 25:75. However, if you are choosing between whole milk and 3 stage formula, then it is better to give the preference to formula because it is additionally enriched with the necessary amount of nutrients in the right combination and easily digestible for immature organisms. You can pick up the appropriate formula among HiPP baby formula selection, so a kid will have balanced nutrients no matter what age it is.
How to choose the right formula?
To understand which formula to choose after 12-months-old it is important to check the content correctly to know what the ingredients are often added:
- prebiotics and probiotics for strengthening the immunity
- fatty acids needed for brain сells creation and nervous system
- nucleotides involved in the processes of energy exchange in cells
- taurine is an amino acid for the formation of the central nervous system
- Iodine is an element in the composition of thyroid hormones, which is responsible for the growth of the body and metabolism
- lutein for the retina protection and the development of the organ of vision
Some formulas are created based on skimmed milk to reduce the risk of allergy e.g. Kendamil formula that has produced infant feeding for more than 50 years to support infant growth and digestion. In addition, on the food packaging, you can find such an important component like lactose or milk sugar. It is a fairly important carbohydrate that must be present in the diet of a child in the first year of life.
Leave a Reply