Many people blog by writing about topics that interest them. Blogging is a hobby that anyone can pursue as a pastime. It is a hobby that you can take up in your spare time if you enjoy writing and sharing your views with others. A hobby is something you do to feel relaxed and have fun in the process.
If you are thinking of taking up blogging, then it is a great idea. A blog allows you to express yourself and share what is in your mind with the world. When you blog, you exhibit your creative and writing skills and get a chance to put your skills to practice. We look at how blogging makes for a good hobby and tell you how to pursue it.
What exactly is blogging?
Blogging is the process of writing where you self-publish your work online. A blog can be diary-style where you share all that you did and your views on various topics each day. You can also blog by writing on topics of your choice to share your opinions and feelings. Blogs can include photographs, videos, and other media.
Can blogging be a hobby?
A blog is created with the intention of expressing yourself and sharing what you have to say with others. If you can write well, then you can create a blog where you write down your feelings and opinions. You do this in your spare time and doing this can help you feel relaxed. You can also do it to share your views with the world and invite comments from others.
You can blog on any topic of your choice and write whenever you want. This is possible because it is a hobby. You are doing it for your satisfaction and to spend your free time doing something that you like. Blogging is a good hobby you can take up when you are free. It allows you to be known to people outside your circle and gives you an opportunity to show your creative abilities.
What can you blog about?
You can blog about just anything. Here are some ideas to consider:
• Books (writing reviews).
• Health and fitness.
• Product reviews.
• Life in general.
How to start blogging?
It is easy to start blogging. You need a platform using which you can blog. If you want to make money from blogging, then you need to create your own website. Else, you can use a free website that allows you to blog. Blogger, Blogspot, Medium, Weebly, Wix, and even LinkedIn can be used to blog. All you need to do is create an account on the platform of your choice, sign in, and start blogging.
Here is how you can start blogging:
- Decide the platform on which you will blog.
- Choose a name for your blog. Select a name that is unique and related to the topic you are going to blog on.
- Decide if you will blog on one particular topic or on anything. You can even create separate blogs or use different categories while blogging.
- Start blogging. Write an article on Blogpost where you share your views, opinions, or feelings. It can be a free-form write-up or you can do it in a structured way with an introduction, body, and conclusion. Add your won photos and videos of your choice, use stock photos and videos. Ensure that you do not use any material that belongs to someone else. It violates copyright laws and your blog may be removed.
- Once you finish blogging, share the blog with others. Share it through email, social media, Whatsapp, etc. When someone comments on your blog, engage with them and encourage them to share their views to have a healthy discussion.
- Visit the blogs of other bloggers you like and comment regularly. This will encourage them to follow you. In this way, you can increase your followers and get more engagement.
- If you are blogging as a hobby, then you need not worry about followers and engagement. Just go ahead and write what you want. But as a writer, you get greater satisfaction if someone reads what you have written and talks to you about it. This is why engagement is important.
- Write regularly, so you are able to build a blog with many posts. This can help you become a popular blogger, which is satisfying.
- If your blog is popular, you can even monetize your blog. Earn money from your blog through ads and by posting affiliate links to products. This can happen if your blog has many followers, or you have good engagement.
Leave a Reply